PRIVACY AT KITOKO LONDON
Trust Us with Your Information
1. The personal information we collect
The information we collect
To complete your order, you must provide us with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information and details of the product you have ordered.
2. The legal bases we rely on to collect, use and share your personal information
Why we need your information and how we use it
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use and share your information, including:
• they are necessary to provide our services, such as when we use your information to complete your order, to resolve disputes or to provide customer support;
• when you have given your affirmative consent, which you can revoke at any time, for example by registering on our mailing list;
• if necessary, for compliance with legal obligations or court order or in connection with legal action, such as retaining information about your purchase if required by tax law; and
• if necessary, for our legitimate interest, provided your rights or interests do not override, for example, 1) to provide and improve our services. We use your information to provide the services you have requested and in our legitimate interest to improve our services, and 2) Compliance with Seller Policy. We use your information as needed to comply with our obligations under the Seller Policy.
3. Third parties with whom we share personal information
Sharing and disclosure of information
Information about our customers is vital to our business. We will only share your personal information for limited reasons and circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. We use trusted third parties to perform certain functions and to provide services to our online store, such as delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Compliance with the law. We may collect, use, store and share your information if, in good faith, we reasonably believe it is necessary to: (a) respond to legal proceedings or government requests; (b) enforce contracts, conditions and regulations; (c) avoid, investigate and combat fraud, and other problems related to illegal activities, security or technical; or (d) protect the rights, property and safety of our customers or others.
4. How long we will keep personal information
5. The buyer's rights relating to the use of your personal information and our contact details
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have several rights related to your personal information. While some of these rights are of general application, others apply only in specific cases. We describe these rights below:
•Access. You have the right to access and receive a copy of your personal information in our possession by contacting us using the contact details below.
• Modification, limitation, deletion, in addition, you have the right to modify your personal information, to limit the use of your personal information or to delete your personal information. Except in exceptional circumstances (such as where we are required to retain data for legal purposes), we generally delete personal information upon request.
• Opposition. You can object to (i) us processing some of your information based on our legitimate interest and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after you have given your explicit consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information, unless we have compelling legitimate reasons to continue using that information or where it is necessary for legal reasons.
• Complaint. Suppose you are a resident of the EU and wish to express a concern regarding the use of your information (and without prejudice to any rights you may have). In that case, you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to contact us
For the purposes of European data protection law, I, Candy Bokungu, am responsible for the processing of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, contact me at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.